- Rojanawiwat, A, Miura T, Thaisri H, Pathipvanich P, Umnajsirisuk S, Koibuchi T, Vongsheree S, Iwamoto A, Ariyoshi K, Sawanpanyalert P.
Frequent Detection of Epstein-Barr Virus and Cytomegalovirus but not JC Virus DNA in Cerebrospinal Fluid Samples from Human Immunodeficiency Virus-Infected Patients in Northern Thailand. Journal of Clinical Microbiology (in press)
- Wichukchinda N, Shiino T, Srisawat J, Rojanawiwat A, Pathipvanich P, Sawanpanyalert P, Ariyoshi K, Auwanit W.
Heterosexual transmission of novel CRF01_AE and subtype B recombinant forms of HIV-1 in northern Thailand. AIDS Res. Hum. Retroviruses (in press)
- Saeng-Aroon S, Wichukchinda N, Myint L, Pathipvanich P, Ariyoshi K, Rojanawiwat A, Matsuda M, Sawanpanyalert P, Sugiura W, Auwanit W.
Study of Antiretroviral Drug-Resistant HIV-1 Genotypes in Northern Thailand: Role of Mutagenically Separated Polymerase Chain Reaction as a Tool for monitoring Zodovudine-Resistant HIV-1 in Resource-Limited Settings. J. Acquir. Immune. Defic. Syndr. 2004 Aug 15; 36(5): 1051-56
- Yokomaku Y, Miura H, Tomiyama H, Kawana-Tachikawa A, Takiguchi M, Kojima A, Nagai Y, Iwamoto A, Matsuda Z, Ariyoshi K.
Impaired Processing and Presentation of Cytotoxic-T-Lymphocyte (CTL) Epitopes Are Major Escape Mechanisms from CTL Immune Pressure in Human Immunodeficiency Virus Type 1 Infection. J. Virol. 2004 Feb; 78(3): 1324-32.
- Ariyoshi K, Berry N, Cham F, Jaffar S, Schim van der Loeff M, Jobe O, N'Gom PT, Larsen O, Andersson S, Aaby P, Whittle H.
Quantification of Human T-lymphotropic virus type I (HTLV-I) provirus load in a rural West African population: no enhancement of human immunodeficiency virus type 2 pathogenesis, but HTLV-I provirus load relates to mortality. J. Infect. Dis. 2003 Dec 1; 188(11): 1648-51.
- Ariyoshi K, Matsuda M, Miura H, Tateishi S, Yamada K, Sugiura W.
Patterns of point mutations associated with antiretroviral drug treatment failure in CRF01_AE (subtype E) infection differ from subtype B infection. J. Acquir. Immune. Defic. Syndr. 2003 Jul 1; 33(3): 336-42.
- Pathipvanich P, Ariyoshi K, Rojanawiwat A, Wongchoosie S, Yingseree P, Yoshiike K, Warachit P,
Sawanpanyalert P. Survival benefit from non-highly active antiretroviral therapy in a resource-constrained setting. J. Acquir. Immune. Defic. Syndr. 2003 Feb 1; 32(2): 157-60.
- Ariyoshi K, Promadej N, Ruxrungtham K, Sutthent R.
Toward improved evaluation of cytotoxic T-lymphocyte (CTL)-inducing HIV vaccines in Thailand. AIDS Res. Hum. Retorivurses. 2002; 18: 737-9
- Ariyoshi K and Whittle H.
HIV-1 viral load and scrub typhus. Lancet 2000; 356: 1776
- O'Donovan D, Ariyoshi K, Milligan P, et al.
Maternal plasma viral RNA levels determine marked differences in mother-to-child transmission rates of HIV-1 and HIV-2 in The Gambia. MRC/Gambia Government/University College London Medical School working group on mother-child transmission of HIV. AIDS 2000; 14: 441-448
- Ariyoshi K, Jaffar S, Alabi AS, et al.
Plasma RNA viral load predicts the rate of CD4 T cell decline and death in HIV-2-infected patients in West Africa. AIDS 2000; 14: 339-344.
- Ariyoshi K, van der Loeff MS, Berry N, Jaffar S, Whittle H.
Plasma HIV viral load in relation to season and to Plasmodium falciparum parasitaemia. AIDS 1999; 13: 1145-1146.
- Ariyoshi K, Schim vdL, Cook P, et al.
Kaposi's sarcoma in the Gambia, West Africa is less frequent in human immunodeficiency virus type 2 than in human immunodeficiency virus type 1 infection despite a high prevalence of human herpesvirus 8. J. Hum. Virol. 1998; 1: 193-199.
- Whittle HC, Ariyoshi K, Rowland-Jones S.
HIV-2 and T cell recognition. Curr. Opin. Immunol. 1998; 10: 382-387.
- Ariyoshi K, Schim vdL, Sabally S, Cham F, Corrah T, Whittle H.
Does HIV-2 infection provide cross-protection against HIV-1 infection? AIDS 1997; 11: 1053-1054
- Ariyoshi K, Berry N, Wilkins A, et al.
A community-based study of human immunodeficiency virus type 2 provirus load in rural village in West Africa. J. Infect. Dis. 1996; 173: 245-248
- Ariyoshi K, Cham F, Berry N, et al.
HIV-2-specific cytotoxic T-lymphocyte activity is inversely related to proviral load. AIDS 1995; 9: 555-559.
- Kitchen VS, Skinner C, Ariyoshi K, et al.
Safety and activity of saquinavir in HIV infection. Lancet 1995; 345: 952-955.
- Rowland-Jones S, Sutton J, Ariyoshi K, et al.
HIV-specific cytotoxic T-cells in HIV-exposed but uninfected Gambian women. Nature Medicine 1995; 1: 59-64.
- Ariyoshi K, Harwood E, Chiengsong-Popov R, Weber J.
Is clearance of HIV-1 viraemia at seroconversion mediated by neutralising antibodies? Lancet 1992; 340: 1257-1258.